3.20.2006

To Do (March)

So I have a few goals for this month. Let's see how I do, shall we?

Cabled henley sweater
This is a sweater of my own design. I love cables and I really wanted a rust-colored sweater. Working with Ann Budd's The Knitter's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns, I figured out a cable pattern that I liked and just followed her directions for a crew neck with set-in sleeves. I've finished the back and am almost finished with the front. Then I have a little designing to do before I start the sleeves. But the goal is to finish this up be the end of March. Since it is still really cold in Massachusetts, I should be able to get some wear out of this before spring arrives for real.

T's ankle socks
I have been working on these, well really just the first sock, for about a month. The problem is that now that we aren't living in close proximity (2.5 hours apart) I can't have him try it on as often as I would like. I'll try to remember to have a fitting this weekend! I would like to finish these up ASAP!

Orangina
I love this pattern from Glampyre. I'm only a few inches into the front so I think this is going to take awhile. This is going to look great with a skirt for the summer. I can't wait!

Socks for me
I decided that I would try to knit one sock per month so I would have six new pairs by the end of the year. I finished the Rib and Cable socks for Jan/Feb, so I need a new pattern to work on for Mar/Apr. I recently bought Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road and have some DB Baby Cashmerino that would be nice for one of the lacy patterns. I need to decide soon, March is more than half-way over!

No comments :