3.25.2007

Stopped on the Green Light

I'm finished! Knitting was completed on Green Light Special last night, and after a nice evening of blocking over my cereal bowls, it's finished.
Pattern: Red Light Special by Jared at brooklyntweed.

Yarn: Jamieson's Double Knitting 100% wool. 1 full skein of main color (Rye) and maybe 1/3 each of the three others (Moorland, Sphagnum, and Moss). Lining was a partial skein of Classic Elite Premiere 50% pima cotton, 50% tencel (Spring Green).

Needles: 16" US #5 circulars.
I got this yarn at a going out of business sale in CT one weekend when I was visiting my folks and I wish I bought more. Such a great classic wool and beautiful colors. Unfortunately, I didn't yet have a pattern in mind - otherwise I would have gotten enough for matching mittens! As it was I was holding my breathe to the finish and only had about a yard left on the Rye for wiggle room. And althought I am greatly looking forward to spring, I wouldn't mind one or two cool days so I can show off this new beauty.

1 comment :

Dino Jenifer said...

This is a very good post .Thanks for letting us know some good tips .
I like your many articles it will help not only me and also many CSUF Career Guide