3.17.2016

Summer Shorts :: Take 1

I wanted to make a muslin for my shorts before cutting into the good stuff and here it is. I printed out this pattern from Caila Made and sized up to 3T by printing it at 110% as she suggested. I also ended up taping the front and the back together at the side seam so that I would have less to sew for this first pair and to make sure they were roomy enough. Using some linen blend fabric from Joann's that has been in my stash forever, sewed them up after bedtime last night and during preschool this morning. I added a little bias self tie to jazz them up just a little bit. As suggested here, I sewed the tie on perpendicular to make sure it sat right when knotted. I'm happy with the pattern and am planning for the next pair already.





Like this post? See more! Connect with me on facebook, instagram, and pinterest!

No comments :